Crispy Fried Tofu Salad with Onion Dressing
for two servings
1/2 pack (about 7 oz or 220g) / EXTRA FIRM TOFU
1 / MEDIUM TOMATO
6 / GREEN BEAN
ONION DRESSING to serve
OIL for frying
- Cut tofu into bite size. Sprinkle some salt and sandwich with paper towels. Let it sit for about 30 min.
- Heat oil (3-5 tbsp) in a pan and cook tofu over mid heat for 7-8 min until golden. Turn over and cook another 7-8 min. Tilt pan occasionally to cook sides.
- Remove oil with paper towel and cook some more until crisp.
- Cut tomatoes into bite size.
- Trim green bean and cook in boiling water for about 1 min. Cut in half.
- Combine vegetables and tofu in plate with accompanying onion dressing.
- Alternatively, add thin slices of onion (soak in water a few minutes) and use any soy sauce based dressing.
- Try any vegetables on hand. Boiled eggs, pea shoots, avocado are some recommendations.