Grilled Eggplant Salad with Fish Sauce Dressing
- Grill eggplants on a cast iron pan or mesh rack directly over stove until skin is blackened. Turn occasionally.
- Wrap eggplants with foil and let sit and cool about 10 min before peeling.
- Peel the skin by hand, then cut into strips.
- For dressing, finely chop garlic. Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped green onions. Sprinkle salt and coat.
- Top eggplants with green onions. Sprinkle pepper to taste. Pour over dressing. Serve hot or cold with rice.
- This Vietnamese style dressing can be used for pickling vegetables and condiment for noodles. Lasts 3-4 days refrigerated.
adopted from Vietnam Ouchi Gohan by Masami Suzuki