Pickled Turnip with Sesame Oil
| PICKLING PROCESS TAKES ABOUT 1h |
About 8 oz (250ml) Jar
3-4 / MEDIUM TURNIP
1 1/2" (4cm) / GINGER
2 tbsp / DRIED SHRIMP
3 tbsp / SASAME OIL
2 tbsp / MIRIN
2 tbsp / VINEGAR
1 tsp / SEA SALT
- Cut turnip into thin slices. Keep the skin on.
- Peel and cut ginger into thin strips.
- Mix pickling ingredients in a bowl.
- Put turnip and ginger in a jar. Add shrimp on top. Pour in the mixture.
- Ready to eat after 1 h.
- Lasts for two weeks refrigerated.
- Great side dish with any Japanese inspired meal.
- Good with sake.
adopted from Yasaio Tappuri Binzumeni by Kiyomi Ishizawa