Roasted Sole with Fresh Tomato and Cilantro
for two servings
2 fillet / WHITE FISH such as petrale sole, tilapia and halibut
3 clove / GARLIC
1 / MEDIUM TOMATO
1/2 / WHITE ONION
3 tbsp / CHOPPED CILANTRO
1 tbsp / LEMON JUICE
1 1/2 tbsp / OLIVE OIL
OLIVE OIL for roasting
JASMINE RICE to serve
SALT and PEPPER
- Place fish in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake fish until just opaque for about 5-6 min. (This will depend on how thin/big the slice is.)
- Chop onion into small pieces and put in salted cold water for about 5 min. Drain. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for about 10 min.
- Mix chopped tomato, cilantro and the onion.
- Serve hot with the mix on top accompanying with jasmine rice.
- Step 3 (salted cold water) is to remove the pungent aftertaste of onions.
adopted from Kondate Yarikuri Benricho by Mook