Anchovy Oil Vegetables with Rosemary
| PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE |
for 25 oz bottle (about 700ml)
8 / NEW POTATO (small potatoes with thin skin)
8 / BRUSSEL SPROUT
1/2 / WHITE ONION
6 / GREEN BEAN
5 bulb / GARLIC
2 fillet / ANCHOVY
2 stalk / ROSEMARY
2-3 pinch / SALT
1 cup / OLIVE OIL for pickling
OLIVE OIL for cooking
OTHER SEASONAL VEGETABLES CAN BE USED (adjust the total amount accordingly)
- Clean and cut vegetables to a good bite size. Chop off the bottom of the garlic. Leave the skin on.
- Place vegetables in a baking dish with one stalk of rosemary. Season with salt and sprinkle some oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF (190 ºC). Roast the vegetables for about 30 min until tender. (Check the potato with a stick.)
- Pack the roasted vegetables, oil, anchovies and one stalk of rosemary in a jar. Make sure to cover vegetables with oil.
- Keep overnight. Serve on a plate with toast.
- Try any seasonal vegetables. (Bell peppers were used in the process photos.)
- It lasts about three weeks in the refrigerator.
- Leave the jar out of the refrigerator until at room temperature before serving to de-solidify oil.
adopted from Yasai wo Tappuri Binzumeni by Kiyomi Ishizawa