Curry Soup with Chunky Vegetable and Pork
for two servings
1/2 lb (220 g) / PORK BELLY or CHICKEN
1 / MEDIUM YELLOW ONION
1 / MEDIUM CARROT
1 stalk / CELERY
1 / MEDIUM TOMATO
2 clove / GARLIC
2 1/2 cup / VEGETABLE or CHICKEN BROTH
1 tbsp / CURRY POWDER
1 / BAY LEAF
SALT and PEPPER
OLIVE OIL for cooking
- Cut meat into easy-to-eat size and season with salt and pepper. (pork belly in the image is about 3/4" or 2 cm thickness.)
- Heat up oil in a pot and cook crushed garlic until nicely golden.
- Add meat and curry powder in pot. Cook both sides of the meat over mid-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrot and celery until well coated, then add broth and bay leaf.
- Lower the heat to simmer. Cover. Continue cooking until onions are soft for about 15 min. Stir occasionally.
- Cut tomato into 4-6 wedges and add in the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Try adding more spices such as garam masala and cumin powder depending on your preference.
- It is an easy refrigerator clean out recipe. Add any left over vegetables you have on hand. Adjust cooking time accordingly.
adopted from Kubara Honke Group cooking booklet 14 Nov issue