Deep Fried Asparagus with Meyer Lemon Ponzu
- Bring mirin to a boil in a pot for a few seconds to remove the alcohol content. Let it cool.
- Add the rest of ponzu sauce ingredients. Let the kombu soak in the sauce. Put it aside.
- Wash and trim the end of asparagus. Pat dry.
- Heat up oil in a pan for deep frying over medium heat.
- Cook asparagus for about 1 min. Drain on a tray and soak in ponzu sauce while hot.
- Serve hot or cold.
- If asparagus are too long to fit in your pan, cut them in half.
adopted from Asparagus no agebitashi on Orangepage net