for two serving
2 piece / CHICKEN THIGH with skin
1 tbsp / SAKE
1 tbsp / OLIVE OIL
VEGETABLES such as red radish, kaiware baby radish, tomato, boiled zucchini, boiled cabbage to serve
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sake on both sides of chicken. Coat with olive oil. Let sit for 15 min. For chicken with skin, make several diagonal cuts on the skin side.
- Steam the chicken for about 10-15 min. Set it aside for about 5 min with lid on to cook all the way through*
- Remove seed from umeboshi plum and chop into small pieces. (Skip if paste is used.)
- Grind ginger and garlic. Mix umeboshi paste, ginger, garlic and the remaining ingredients for the paste.
- Slice chicken into bite size. Serve with paste on top and some fresh or boiled vegetables on side.
*To keep the chicken moist and tender, remove from the steamer before throughly cooked. Set it aside letting it cook all the way through using the remaining heat.
adopted from Kondate Yarikuri Benricho by Mook