Chicken Rice with Fresh Fennel
for two servings
1 1/2 cup / SHORT GRAIN RICE or ARBORIO RICE
1 1/2 cup / WATER
2 piece / CHICKEN THIGH WITH SKIN or 1 piece / CHICKEN BREAST WITH SKIN
1/2 / ONION
1/2 / LEMON
2 tbsp / FRESH DILL
1 jar (about 7.5 oz, 210 g) / GRILLED AND MARINATED ARTICHOKE HEART
1 / BOILED EGG
SEA SALT and FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER to taste
OLIEVE OIL for cooking
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and put it aside.
- Saute finely chopped onion with olive oil in a pot until nicely brown.
- Add rice and stir for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and water. Cover and cook over mid-high heat for 5 min.
- Bring heat to low and cook for 10 min. Let it sit with lid on for another 5 min after turning off the heat.
- Mix chopped dill with rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken to bite size.
- To serve, squeeze lemon juice and surround with boiled egg and artichoke.
adopted from La Petite Epicerie recipe post in 2013