Grilled Eggplant Miso Soup
| Five Days. Five Miso Soups. DAY 2 |
- Grill eggplants on a mesh rack directly over a stove (or use a cast iron pan) until skin is blackened. Turn occasionally.
- Wrap eggplants with foil and let it sit and cool about 10 min before peeling. This also helps to cook throughly.
- Peel the skin with hands and cut into bite size.
- Heat up dashi broth in a pot and add eggplant.
- Stir in miso paste using a strainer.
- Top with karashi mustard. Serve hot.
More Miso Soup?
Five Days. Five Miso Soups.
adopted from Washoku no Simple Recipe by Eiko Oba