Double Concentrated Tomato Pasta with Cabbage
for two servings
1/2 lb (225 g) / SHORT PASTA
1/2 / MEDIUM YELLOW ONION
1/4 / MEDIUM CABBAGE
3 strip / BACON
1 tube / DOUBLE CONCENTRATED TOMATO PASTE
1 tsp / RED CHILI PEPPER
3 clove / GARLIC
1 tbsp / BUTTER
PARMESAN to serve
OLIVE OIL for cooking and to serve
WATERCRESS for garnish (optional)
- Chop garlic in small pieces. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Cook until golden.
- Chop cabbage, onion and bacon into thin slices. Add in the pan. Coat.
- Add a pinch of salt, tomato paste, butter, chili pepper. Cook for about 10 min.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. (Follow the package instruction)
- Drain and add pasta to the pan. Mix. (If sauce seems dry, add some of the salted pasta water to the mix.)
- Drizzle olive oil and top with watercress. Add parmesan to taste.
- Perfect natural sweetness from concentrated tomato paste, browned onion and cabbage. The best part is easy and quick!
- Add any vegetables on hand.
adopted from La Petite Epicerie recipe post in 2010