Seared Tuna with Wine and Soy Sauce Marinade
| MARINADING PROCESS TAKES one hour |
for two servings
1/2 lb (225 g) / SUSHI GRADE BLOCK OF TUNA
1 cup / RED WINE
1/2 cup / SOY SAUCE
3 tbsp / MIRIN
EXTRA VIRGIN OIL to serve
WASABI to serve
ARUGULA to accompany (optional)
- Add all the marinade ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil a few seconds to remove the alcohol content. Let it cool.
- Preheat a grill pan (regular pan if not available). Sear tuna on all sides.
- Add into mix while still hot. Let it cool. Refrigerate marinade for 1 hour to over night.
- Slice. Sprinkle olive oil and serve with wasabi.
- Slices of mozzarella and avocado are a good compliment.