Tuna Potato Salad with Olive and Curry
for two to three servings
2 / MEDIUM YUKON GOLD POTATO
15 / OLIVE
1 can (about 5-5.5 oz) / ALBACORE TUNA in spring water or olive oil
for the mixture
3 tbsp / MAYO
2 tbsp / RICE VINEGAR
2 tsp / OLIVE OIL
1 tsp / CURRY POWDER
FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER and ALL SPICE (optional) to taste
SALT to taste
- Boil potato until soft in salted water.
- Drain and mash.
- Combine mixture. Add drained tuna, olives and potato.
- Season with salt, pepper and all spice (optional).
- All spice has aromatic flavor similar to the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. My Japanese friend living in Spain introduced me to this spice a few years back. I like adding it to potato and meat dishes. The image shows allspice on the left. Black pepper on the right.
- Makes great sandwich filling.
adopted from Yasai Bakkari by Kentaro Kobayashi