Brussel Sprout Soup with Soy Milk
| vegetarian |
for two servings
8 / MEDIUM BRUSSEL SPROUT
2 clove / GARLIC
1 1/2 cup / VEGETABLE BROTH
1/2 cup / UNSWEETENED SOY MILK (with no flavor added)
1 tbsp / OLIVE OIL
1/2 tsp / SEA SALT
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER to taste
- Cut brussel sprouts in half.
- Heat up olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add crushed garlic cloves and brussel sprouts until nicely browned.
- Add vegetable broth and salt, continue heating.
- Add soy milk and turn off the heat before it boils.
- Avoid boiling the soup once the soy milk is added because it will foam.
- Select unsweetened soy milk with no flavors added. PACIFIC or WILDWOOD® ORGANIC unsweetened soy milk are good. (Avoid SILK brand unsweetened soy milk.)