| vegetarian |
for two servings
1 cup / FROZEN EDAMAME
2 clove / GARLIC
1-2 piece / RED CHILI
OLIVE OIL for cooking
SEA SALT and BLACK PEPPER to taste
- Cook edamame for 1-2 min in boiling water. (Cook half-way) Immediately place in ice water to cool. Drain.
- Cut both ends of edamame with scissors.
- Cut garlic into thin slices.
- Heat up oil in a pan and cook garlic over low heat until nicely browned.
- Add edamame and chili. Cook over medium heat until edamame skin gets a little charred for about 2 min.
- Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- For nicely browned garlic, tilt pan to submerge it in oil.
adopted from Washoku no Simple Recipe by Eiko Oba