Crunchy Cabbage and Daikon Salad with Pork
- Cut pork belly into about 1/4"(0.5 cm) thickness and then into half. (Basically as thin as possible!)
- Peel and cut radish into thin slices and then into about 1/2"(1.5 cm) width sticks.
Cook cabbage with salt in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes until slightly soft but still crunchy. Keep the water for pork.
Immediately place the cabbage in ice water to let it cool. Drain. Cut into about 1-1/2" (4 cm) pieces.
Dress pork with potato starch. Boil in the cabbage water for a few minutes.
Immediately place the pork in ice water to let it cool. Drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Add radish, cabbage and pork and mix together.
- Potato starch adds to pork a thin layer of smooth texture.
- Yuzukosho is made from yuzu citrus, salt and green chiles. It adds an extra kick of heat and citrus.
adopted from Washoku no Simple Recipe by Eiko Oba