Fresh Herb Salad with Crunchy Pork
for two servings
1/2 lb (225 g) / PORK BELLY
3 stalk / MEDIUM CELERY
3 stalk / MINT
3 stalk / BASIL
1/2 / MEDIUM RED ONION
2 tbsp / BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1 tbsp / MIRIN
1 tsp / SOY SAUCE
1 pinch / SALT
- Cut pork into thin slices. Cook in a pan until crispy. Put aside. Keep about 2 tbsp of oil from pork in pan.
- Cut celery into strips. Chop onions, basil and mint into bite size.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat up remaining oil from step 1. Add celery and onion. Coat evenly.
- Add sauce. Bring to a boil. Cook until most of the sauce is soaked up.
- Toss with basil, mint and pork.
adopted from Kondate Yarikuri Benricho by Mook