Shiogama Potato with Rosemary
| vegetarian |
for two servings
3 / SMALL to MIDIUM POTATO such as new potato (roughly 3"-4" or 7-4 cm)
1 cup / SALT
1 / MEDIUM EGG WHITE
2 stalk / ROSEMARY
- For salt crust, mix salt, egg white and rosemary leaves in a bowl.
- Wash potatoes and cover with crust.
- Roast in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for about 40 min.
- Crack the shell (hardened crust) and serve.
- Shiogama yaki is a traditional Japanese cooking style, commonly used for whole fish and pork. The crust keeps moisture inside and the ingredients come out tender and flavorful, also bringing out natural sweetness.
- Potatoes that are moist and thin-skinned work well.
adopted from Yasai Hitotsudakeno Recipe by Seiji Tsushimi