Miso Marinated Tofu
| PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE |
for two servings
1 package / FIRM TOFU
for the miso paste
3 tbsp / MISO (any miso from medium to dark color)
1 tbsp / SAKE
1 tbsp / GROUND GINGER
SHICHIMI PEPPER to serve (optional)
- Weigh the tofu to remove excessive water for about 20 min.
- Mix the miso paste ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread the miso thin on the tofu. Wrap it up with plastic wrap.
- Marinate for 8 hours to 1 day in refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature and scrape away the miso paste with a spatula.
- Grill at 350°F in the oven for about 30min.
- Slice them to serve. Sprinkle shichimi pepper on top.
- Make sure to remove miso before grilling to avoid burning.
- Try Miso Marinated Pork recipe! The same miso paste can be used on pork chops.
adopted from Washoku no Simple Recipe by Eiko Oba