Mirin Balsamic Chicken
for two servings
2 piece / CHICKEN THIGH with skin
2 pod / GARLIC
2 tbsp / BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1 tbsp / MIRIN
1 pinch / SALT
OLIVE OIL to cook
ARUGULA to serve (optional)
- Make several diagonal cuts on the skin side of the chicken. Massage salt and ground garlic on both sides.
- Add olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken with skin side down over low-mid heat for 8-10 min. Cover with lid.
- Turn the chicken and cook the other side over low heat for 3-5 min.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and mirin together and pour over the chicken.
- Turn off the heat. Cover. Let it sit for another 3-5 min. Serve hot.
adopted from Yukimasa Rika no Osu Ryori by Rika Yukimasa