Shiokoji Squid with Celery and Edamame
- Clean squid tentacles and tubes. Massage with sake and shiokoji. Let marinate for more than 15 min.
- Cook edamame in salted boiling water. (Follow instructions on package) Remove edamame out of pods.
- Cut celery, leek and asparagus diagonally.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add all vegetables and a pinch of salt. Cook until tender over medium heat.
- Add squid just until done, about 1 min.
- Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot.
- Shiokoji is made of malted rice and salt. It typically comes in a pouch or a bottle. Can be purchased at an Asian market. Naturally enhance umami flavor of meat, seafood and vegetables. Very versatile.
- Try other seasonal vegetables.
- Clean and marinade squid the day prior. Dinner will be ready in several minutes the next day.