Ajitama Natto Bowl
- For ajitama, boil egg in a pot for 7 min over medium heat. Immediately place in ice water and leave it to cool for 10 min. Peel. Submerge egg in mentsuyu base overnight.
- Place natto, half-cut ajitama, sliced radish, baby daikon radish (bottom chopped) and bonito flakes over rice.
- Season with soy sauce or mentsuyu base.
- Ajitama lasts for about 3 days in refrigerator. Good idea to make extra ajitama simply by adding a few more soft boiled eggs in sauce.
- Ajitama + chopped green onion + sesame oil or soy sauce over rice also makes a great dish.
- Baby daikon radish can be replaced with any leafy vegetables.