Napa Cabbage Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
for 2-3 servings
6-8 leaf / NAPA CABBAGE (inner leaves)
2 / FRIED TOFU POUCH (AGE)
a few pinch / DRIED BONITO
a few pinch / WHITE ROASTED SESAME
1/2 sheet / DRIED SEA WEED (NORI)
for the dressing
1/2 / MEYER LEMON SKIN
2 tbsp / MEYER LEMON JUICE
1 tbsp / EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
1 1/2 tbsp / SOY SAUCE
1 tsp / MIRIN
a pinch / SEA SALT
- Chop the cabbage into 1/2-1" strips. Let them sit in cold water for about 5 min for crispness.
- Sear the tofu on a pan. Cut into 1/2-1" strips or cubes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients including thin slices of lemon skin.
- Toss the well-drained cabbage, tofu and dressing.
- Serve bonito flakes, sesame and thin stripes of nori on top.
- Fried Tofu pouches are also sold under the names Sushi Age Tofu or Abura Age. They are typically found in the tofu section at supermarket.
- The inner leaves of cabbage are sweeter than the outer leaves.
- Napa cabbage can be substituted with romain lettuce that has a similar mild sweetness.