Egg Drop Soup with Parmesan
| vegetarian / use vegetable broth |
for two servings
2 / MEDIUM EGG
1 tbsp / PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
1 tbsp / GRATED PARMESAN
2 cup / VEGETABLE or CHICKEN BROTH
1/2 cup / BABY SPINACH
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL to taste
SEA SALT to taste
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add panko crumbs, parmesan and salt. Whisk them together.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a pot.
- Stir in the egg mix with a circular motion.
- Add the spinach and turn off the heat as soon as it gets soft. (10-20 seconds!)
- Add a little drizzle of olive oil and salt. Serve hot.
- Steps 3 and 4 happen quick, within 1 min total. You don’t want to over cook spinach because it gets mushy.
adopted from Kubara Honke Group cooking booklet 14 Nov issue