Cauliflower Soup with Curry Powder
| vegetarian |
for two servings
1/2 head / CAULIFLOWER
1 cup / VEGETABLE BROTH
1/2 cup / UNSWEETENED SOY MILK (with no flavor added)
1 clove / GARLIC
1 tsp / OLIVE OIL
1 tsp / CURRY POWDER
a pinch / SEA SALT
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER to taste
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Separate stems from flowers.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add chopped garlic. Cook until browned.
- Add stems, curry powder and salt. Cook until soft. Turn off the heat.
- Add broth and flowers. Puree with a blender.
- Heat mixture. Stir constantly and add soy milk.
- Add a little drizzle of olive oil and a little black pepper. Serve hot.
- Avoid boiling the soup once the soy milk is added because it will foam.
- Select unsweetened soy milk with no flavors added. PACIFIC or WILDWOOD® ORGANIC unsweetened soy milk are good. (Avoid SILK brand unsweetened soy milk.)