Silky Tofu in Dashi Broth
for two servings
1 package / SILKY SOFT TOFU
2/3 cup / DASHI BROTH
2 tbsp / SOY SAUCE
1 tbsp / MIRIN
2 tsp / POTATO STARCH
GROUND GINGER to serve
- Cut the tofu into individual serving portion. Barely cover the tofu with water and heat to medium. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low for about 5 min.
- Bring dashi to a boil in a separate pot. Add soy sauce and mirin.
- Mix potato starch with the same amount of water in a bowl.
- Stir into the boiling dashi pot to thicken the sauce.
- Put ground ginger on top. Serve hot.
adopted from Washoku no Simple Recipe by Eiko Oba