Asparagus Soup with Garlic and Rosemary
| VEGETARIAN / USE VEGETABLE BROTH |
for two servings
8 / MEDIUM ASPARAGUS
1 clove / GARLIC
1 stem / ROSEMARY
1 cup / VEGETABLE BROTH or CHICKEN BROTH
OLIVE OIL to cook
SALT and BLACK PEPPER to taste
- Trim and peel off the hard parts of asparagus towards the bottom. Cut off the top into 3" (7.5 cm). Cut the bottom into 1/2" (1.3 cm) segments.
- Heat oil in pan and add finely chopped garlic and rosemary. Cook until garlic turns golden.
- Add asparagus and coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put aside top asparagus and rosemary.
- Place broth and bottom asparagus in a blender. Puree. Taste to check texture and saltiness.
- Heat soup in pot. Taste and add salt as necessary.
- Put soup and top asparagus together in cup/bowl. Serve hot.
- Enjoy two different textures of asparagus.
- Sweetness of asparagus comes alive when cooked.